Dear TPSS Co-op Member-Owners,
The Takoma Park City Council will be making decisions about Takoma Junction development that will have significant impacts on Co-op operations, especially delivery of the products that stock our shelves, and disposal of our compost, recycling, and trash.
Please mark your calendars and plan to attend these City Council meetings to show and voice your support for your Co-op!
- Monday July 9, 7:30 p.m. Sign up to join the One-on-One Conversations with Councilmembers.
- Wednesday July 11, 7:30 p.m. Attend the planned City Council Work Session on a draft Resolution regarding the Takoma Junction Site Plan.
- Wednesday July 18, 7:30 p.m. Let your voice be heard during Public Comments on draft Resolution.
- Wednesday July 25, 7:30 p.m. Attend the planned City Council Vote on the Site Plan.
The Co-op has agreed to enter into mediation with the City’s chosen developer (NDC). We thank the City for its participation as observers, for its financial support, and for any additional support it can lend to a successful outcome to these mediated talks.
Taking the time needed now to achieve the best possible results will serve the Takoma Park community now and in the future. We believe that the City should wait until after mediation has concluded, before crafting and voting on any Resolution intended to provide guidance in the development plans. Doing so ensures that the mediation can proceed fairly and that the resulting Resolution takes full advantage of the work done in mediation.
We remain committed to finding solutions to our operational concerns, to answering any questions NDC may have about those concerns, and to creative solutions that will allow all parties to move forward constructively. It is our sincere belief that, with the City’s full support, win-win solutions can be achieved.
Please write or call the Mayor and your City Council representative and ask them to:
- Postpone drafting and voting on a Resolution on the Junction development plan until mediation between the Co-op and NDC is completed.
- Carefully review our delivery survey which demonstrates the significant shortcomings of the proposed lay-by solution for our receiving needs.
|Ward 1||Peter Kovaremail@example.com||240-319-6281|
|Ward 2||Cindy Dyballafirstname.lastname@example.org||240-319-6281|
|Ward 3||Kacy Kostiukemail@example.com||240-204-4912|
|Ward 4||Terry Seamensfirstname.lastname@example.org||301-565-0190|
|Ward 5||Jarrett Smith||Jarretts@takomaparkpc.gov||301-960-7462|
|Ward 6||Talisha Searcyemail@example.com||202-339-7914|
|City Manager||Suzanne Ludlow||SuzanneL@takomaparkmd.gov||301-891-7229|
*Please copy the City Clerk on your emails: firstname.lastname@example.org
SIGN UP FOR CO-OP ACTION ALERTS AT www.tpss.coop
Thanks for supporting YOUR community food store!